Rhinestone Crazy!

I really enjoy to rhinestone everything! From bows to shoes and clothes to hats! My rhinestoning hobby all started because of me being in competition dance. In my studio, Vanzant Dance Academy, competition dance means that rhinestoning is a skill all of the moms need to know. My mom is not a fan of doing the rhinestones because it is messy so, I gave her a huge help by doing it with her! Rhinestoning is a very easy thing to do and it only takes a few steps!

1 First, you need to gather all your materials. These are a glue of your choice, rhinestones, a toothpick, and whatever you are going to glitterize! Rhinestones are really easy to find too. You can get them at Joann Fabrics or really any craft store! Rhinestones also come in different shapes and sizes for the different occasions of rhinestoning. I would recommend to not buy any rhinestones online unless you really know what you are doing! This is because if they come to your house and they are not what you need, your finished product will be delayed.

Next, you apply the glue of your choice on a toothpick to spread the glue on the surface of your item. Then, you would place the rhinestones on the item however you would like. You can use tweezers if you feel like your hands are too big to place on the item. If you are adding rhinestones that are spread out or not close together, you should apply the glue on the bottom of the rhinestone and then place it on. You keep on doing this process until you are satisfied with the way it looks! After this you let the item dry. If you would like, you could add a layer of glue or sealer on the top of the rhinestones for extra protection of the rhinestones and so they don’t fall off.Image result for rhinestone pile

When I turn 14, I want to start a small business to rhinestone peoples’ belongings because it is a very calming hobby that is very easy to pick up. I hope this help you with anything you needed to rhinestone! If you have any questions about rhinestoning, leave a comment so I can help!

6 thoughts on “Rhinestone Crazy!

1. Hi Sophia!
    This post is really cool and interesting! I was reading your about me page, and we are very alike. I love the movie Signs too, as well as Percy Jackson and dance! I only do ballet and modern. What other movies do you like?

1. Hi Susan!
      I am so glad you liked my story! It’s so cool we have a lot in common! Some movies besides Signs that I like are A Quiet Place and all 3 of the Pitch Perfect movies! I hope we can keep in touch!
      -Sophia

2. Hi, Sophia. You make this look really easy; I am jealous of your talent! For how long have you been working with rhinestones? What advice would you give to a beginner?

I think that your idea for a business sounds like a great one—hope it goes well for you!

Happy blogging.

1. Hi Mrs.Kurtz!
      Thank you for taking your time to read my post! For beginners I would recommend to practice on old clothes and practice makes perfect!
      -Sophia

3. I love that you have such a great interest in rhinestones.I know that they are many different colors of rhinestones. Do you have to get a specific type of rhinestone to glue it to things?

1. Hello!
      There is no really specific rhinestone to use but Hotfix and Swarovski crystals work the best. Hotfix ones are used for a special machine which I have used for rhinestoning my sneakers. I use Swarovski crystals for my dance costumes with the Elmer’s Glue All or E6000 glue. Thank you so much for asking!
      -Sophia